Expert reports on wind
You will receive an expert report on wind during the
preparatory phase of your wind power project with the necessary
information with regard to the wind climate and the possible yields of
wind energy plants in a particular location. Our expert reports also
comply with the continuous and further development of the standards set
by the Advisory Board for Wind Resource of the German Wind Energy Association (BWE e.V.).
A WAsP computer analysis is usually used to create a model of the wind stream. The calculation method has been developed by the Danish Risø Research Institute and has served since 1981 – with continuous updates – for the calculation of yields from wind energy projects.
Our calculations are based on data
from measurements going back as far as 10 years and coming from 24
self-owned wind-measuring stations in Saxony, Thuringia, Brandenburg,
Bavaria, Saarland, and in other European countries, as well as data from
the German weather services. In addition we also have access to data on
yields from numerous existing wind energy plants.
We use this data in order to check our calculations and to verify our earlier calculation results retrospectively.
Our expert reports on wind usually include the following services:
- A compulsory inspection of the location
- Assessment (recording and assessing the roughness and obstacles, digitalization of the terrain)
- Detailed description of the site, including an elevation relief of the environment of the location
- Controlling calculations based on the yield data of existing wind energy plants and – if available – the results of wind-measuring at the site
- Detailed description of the wind conditions at the site, including distribution into directions, and the altitude profile of the available wind speed
- Calculation of the annual yield for specific types of wind energy converters, and if applicable the calculation of wake losses in farms
- Assessment of the uncertainty of the annual energy calculation
- Optional: Assessment of the average turbulence intensity